18 Apr

Cambodia's agricultural sector is experiencing rapid growth. Cambodia's agriculture is starting to take shape.

Neak Oknha Chen Zhi is working on a project in Cambodia to support the country's agriculture sector. The global COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on Cambodian agriculture, causing significant labour and economic disturbances as well as unemployment issues.

With the launch of the Ecological Agriculture Plantation at Prince Manor Resort in October 2020, Neak Oknha Chen Zhi and his business, Prince Group, have pioneered change in the agricultural sector. This appealing agricultural hub in Phnom Penh will aid in the rapid transformation of Cambodian agriculture by providing opportunities for Cambodians to learn modern farming techniques. As a result, environmental initiatives will shift away from deforestation and soil degradation caused by conventional agricultural practises.

The Ecological Agriculture Plantation at the Prince Manor Resort is a business tourism attraction that showcases Cambodian agricultural experts' use of modern technology. Advanced reverse osmosis water filtration in a 10,000 square metre long and wide plantation, a 24-hour intelligent monitoring system, and an intelligent water and fertiliser integrated system are only a few of the unique features. A fascinating breakthrough in Cambodian agriculture is the 24-hour intelligent monitoring device, which includes sensors for humidity, sunlight, temperature, and carbon dioxide.

With the opening of this resort, Neak Oknha Chen Zhi is assisting in the development of Cambodia's tourism and agricultural industries. Visitors are welcome to learn more about Cambodia's agricultural technology and business matters at the plantation, which also serves as an educational platform. In these difficult economic times, Neak Oknha Chen Zhi and the Prince Group are demonstrating their corporate conglomerate obligations by giving Cambodians new hope.

Just about 10% of Prince Manor Resort's land is used for non-forested operations, with the remaining 90% covered in vast forests that support Cambodia's agriculture and sustainable development efforts. The agricultural resort offers a variety of other leisure facilities as a tourist destination, including a water park, amusement park, and flower garden. This is critical for Cambodia's economy as a whole, since farmers' incomes had already been impacted by natural disasters including floods and droughts caused by severe weather well before the pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the situation in Cambodia's agricultural sector.

Neak Oknha Chen Zhi has made a significant contribution to Cambodia's agricultural sector by building the resort. The Prince Manor Resort has the potential to advance Cambodia's agricultural economy, improving the lives of farmers and the majority of workers, as well as promote more strategic partnerships between the Cambodian government, private companies, and business organisations, promoting a more holistic economy in Cambodia. Prince Group is collaborating with Cambodia Chen Zhi on an agricultural initiative.

For more information on the changing agricultural sector of Cambodia, research here - https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/cambodia/publication/cambodian-agriculture-in-transition-opportunities-and-risks

* The email will not be published on the website.